Monday, October 22, 2012

Decatur Beerfest

We didn’t see many beers that are new but that’s usually the way it is, I always get them as soon as they come out. I did see a new local brewery, Damn forget the name now, they only had an Amber and a Hefe and I only tried the Amber, good but it is a working class beer so quite simple. Had some GREAT conversations with people in the crowd, a very cute gal from Sri Lanka, boy did she have a personality, could chat all day. Brian started up with her first, mainly due to his Romney button I think. The dude with her, a Lawyer (jewish, he made the point to say so), was a bit quiet for her IMHO, they said they were only “friends”. I did have to look up Sri Lanka, it’s off the coast of southern India, very tropical. I should have guessed with all the Indians we’ve gotten at work that she was of Indian decent and not hispanic, had the straight hair.
About 3pm, after 3 hours of beer and frolicking in the sun Brian and I stopped in at the Square Bar and had dinner. We also watched the first quarter or so of the Gator/USC game. The Gators were doing quite well so I decided to let Brian off the hook and we drove on home. During the drive back to the house the Gators scored a few more times actually, pulling ahead of USC to finish the half way ahead. Many of the points were off turnovers, no problem there.

No comments:

Post a Comment